Dear language teaching friend,
One of the Pools projects Clil4U now offers a free online (long distance learning) course starting September 1st.
Learn more about the course and register from: http://www.languages.dk/clil4u/index.html#MOOC
- Estimated effort: One week
- Start of course: September 1st 2015
- Course duration: Six weeks
The online Clil4U course is designed to help CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) teachers learn about the CLIL approach to teaching.
During the course you will be asked to:
- Discover an aspect of teaching through CLIL.
- Download a Learning Diary where you will be asked to perform certain tasks and keep an electronic record of them - your e-portfolio.
- Build up a framework of the components of a CLIL lesson in a Pre-Assignment Planning e-Record (PAPeR).
- Reflect upon what you have learnt, to be able to discuss your experiences with other teachers.
To complete the course you need to work through ten online modules and for each module fill in a learning diary. The final part of the course is to prepare and submit a CLIL based lesson plan using the “Pre-assignment Planning e-Record”. During the course the instructor is available for answering questions and giving feedback to learning diaries. Communication will mainly be based on email and Skype.
The course staff will be one or more instructors from SDE College (DK), Kroggaardsskolen (DK), Spanish Confederation of Education and Training Centres (ES), Educational Excellence Corporation Ltd. (CT), Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology (MT), Executive Training Institute (MT), University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (CH), and Istituto Comprensivo “Monte Grappa”- Bussero (IT).
On successful completion of the course the Clil4U consortium will issue a Course Certificate.